Saturday, September 01, 2007

The week ahead

I've found too much to read today and almost every piece that I've found is half an evening's work. So I put down here what I intend to read during the week as a sort of public vow (with confession to follow if I don't).

I'm going to re-read Khaled Diab's The art of peace on the commentisfree website because he's making a real effort to understand where Israel comes from. I'm not sure how successful he is, but I want to look again.

Robert Kagan has a Policy Review-length article which I am certainly going to read because it begins:

The world has become normal again.

It's entitled End of Dreams, Return of History and is about the world that the well-meaning don't want to think about, one of rivalry and conflict, but the world that has virtually always been.

Another Policy Review 3-scroll job: Peter Berkowitz's review of The Matador’s Cape: America’s Reckless Response to Terror by Stephen Holmes.

I'm also going to finish Kilcullen's Anatomy of the Tribal Revolt and read this review of Al Qaeda In Iraq How to understand it. How to defeat it by Frederick W. Kagan.

No comments: