Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Urville


This is a view of Urville. Where is Urville? It

is located in the southern part of the Phoenician Island (3 022 km2), main island of the Insular Province archipelago, which is also constituted of Sloop Island at the north east (306 km2), and Sarrasin Island at the west (103 km2).
The words of the man who created Urville. Over to you, Gilles.
Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Gilles Trehin, I'm born in 1972, I live in Cagnes sur Mer, near Nice, in south-east of France.

I'm told I have autism, some say I have Asperger's syndrome (it's very similar). Maybe it is the reason I have been drawing since the age of 5 and I have always been fascinated by big cities and aeroplanes.

In 1984, I started to be interested by the conception of an imaginary city called Urville. The name came from "Dumont d'Urville", a scientific base, in a French territory of the Antarctic. Since then, I made many (200) drawings of Urville, and I wrote a historical, geographical, cultural and economic description. I also have a book published by Jessica Kingsley Publisher in English, about Urville in March 2006. My greatest pleasure is to be invited to give a lecture on Urville because I can make it exist!
Urville is also here.

Tagged:

No comments: