Monday, November 19, 2007

The MOTTO

Go and vote for the British national motto. Especially if you're not British (foreigners do these things so much better). I was torn between "No motto please, we're British" (despite the dreadful punctuation) and "We apologise for the inconvenience". I went for the latter because it harks back to a time when the working classes weren't allowed out of the country to demonstrate to everyone else how badly we bring up our children and the middle classes knew the social value of embarrassment.

BTW, my choice is coming fourth with 11.4%. The other one is first with 21%.

[I must admit that the motto in one of the comments, "None of the Above", would have tempted me if it had been in the (or any) shortlist.]

1 comment:

Vanny said...

It gotta be "We apologise for the inconvenience" - DEFO!